The advantages of COB LEDs
As a technology for the purpose of better thermal management and light efficiency, COB LEDs, by definition, are multiple LED chips bonded directly to a substrate by the manufacturer to form a single module. Since the individual LEDs used in a COB are not traditionally packaged, it can save the space and achieve the maximum potential.
The advantages of COB are mainly as follows:
1. It accommodates nine or more diodes per chip,increasing lumen output/inch with multi-chip packaged.
2. It reduces the components and the heat generated from the led chips,resulting in longer lifespan and less space.
3. Light loss is decreased and viewing angle is increased because traditional LED packaging parts are not included when using COB LEDs.
4. Anti-collision:LED chip is packaged in concave PCB board and solidified epoxy glue,which makes it sturdy and sleek.
5. High efficiency capacity to transfer the heat contributes to lower rate of damaged LED,thus reducing the costs of replacement and maintenance and is less prone to failure for operations in high heat environment.
6. Waterproof,anticorrosion,oxidation resistance and ultraviolet-proof. Wide range of working temperature from -40 degrees to 80 degrees.
7. COB LEDs can be up to 10 percent cheaper to produce than SMD LEDs as for manufacturing.